Immmediately After Plasma Fibroblast Treatment
- Most people will experience a mild burning sensation immediately following any Plasma-Fibroblast procedure. This is similar to a sunburn which should resolve within a few hours. However, this depends upon your sensitivity tolerance and this discomfort may last longer. If you feel particularly uncomfortable, anti-inflammatories such as Advil or anti-histamines such as Benadryl is suggested. It is up to the individual to decide on self-medication.
- Keep scabs/crusts moist by applying provided aftercare three times a day –but only in small amounts, do not soak the area.
- It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Plasma Pen treatment, as the wound we cause is not open. However, the first 12 hours post-treatment is vital in protecting you from any potential infection, so please avoid any activities where you could expose yourself to contaminants. Keeping hands off of anything that comes in contact with the treatment area.
- You may return to work the following day. However, you will not look your absolute best during the initial healing process (approximately 7 days).
- If you are receiving a Plasma Pen treatment anywhere on your face or neck, we recommend you sleep on your back with your head elevated to reduce swelling.
- Do NOT stand with your face under a hot shower for the first 3-4 days. This could increase swelling. Try to avoid shower gels or hair products running on to your face as this could cause irritation and inflammation. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water if products do come into contact with the area(s) treated and gently pat dry.
- As a natural healing response, it is usual for the treated area to become swollen, especially around the more delicate area such as the eyes. Recovery can vary depending on your natural rate of recovery. Most people find it only lasts a few days.
- Initially after treatment and up to 3 days later, there may be occasional weeping. This is the natural healing response to the Plasma-Fibroblast procedure.
- As the treated area begins to heal, you will notice the drying out process whereby a brown/black crust develops on the surface of the skin. This will flake off after a few days but in some cases can take up to 10 days.
- DO NOT PICKthe crusting as it can lead to infection or scarring. It is important to keep this area clean.
- It is strongly advised that you use an SPF 50 sunscreen (throughout the year including the colder months) to avoid sunburn as the area’s sensitivity to sunlight will be heightened for up to 3-4 months post Plasma-Fibroblast Treatment.
- The area(s) treated may be cleansed daily with room temperature water and your fingers. Avoid using washcloths or any other washing devices. You are only removing excess oil and do not need to thoroughly cleanse the treated skin. Do NOT be tempted to rub, brush or exfoliate the area in any way to aid in the removal of the crusts. Pat dry with a clean tissue. (Colloidal Silver water is a great option.)
- DO NOT use alcohol-based cleansers as this will slow down the healing process.
- If at any time the treated area(s) become too hot, red or shows sign of pus, please contact your doctor for advice as you may be developing an infection.
- For optimum results, more than one Plasma-Fibroblast treatment is usually needed and can be performed typically 8-12 weeks onwards after the initial procedure.
- It is important that these crusts are NOT removed (never scratch, otherwise a scar will remain).
- After the independent peeling of the scab crusts (typically the 5t-8days), pink/red skin forms.
- Swimming and sauna activities are only permitted 2 weeks post treatment and once all the crusts have fallen off the skin surface and the wound is completely healed and closed.
- Smokers may experience a significant worsening of the blood flow, which increases the risk of wound healing and/or slowed healing.
- Note that after the crusts are lost, a slight redness may remain in the following weeks to months. It usually takes 4-6 weeks (sometimes longer) until the skin has reached its normal color again.
- Follow up treatment will not be before 8 weeks from the first treatment date.
- Do not cover with plasters or occlusive dressing.
- A vitamin C is the ideal way to boost or maintain the bodies levels after plasma treatment and should be a consideration as part of your aftercare advice. I will also recommend using a Vitamin C face cream. Here are some of my recommendations: https://amzn.to/3fq4Z8R -- https://amzn.to/3fqqCWD -- https://amzn.to/2ZuqvUt
- Men should avoid shaving the treated area until it is fully healed (around 7 days).
- If you have had treatment around your eyes, you should avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours after your treatment.
DO NOT SCRATCH or PICK!!!